Evaluation Criteria for CakePHP Development
CakePHP is a developmental framework written in PHP that allows for developers to develop and deploy powerful applications for use on the website. It was designed to allow developers to spend less time writing code and to use less code in order to be easier to work with and to update. With constant updates and revisions being made, new features are being added on a normal basis.
Our evaluation criteria focuses on the knowledge and abilities of development agencies when dealing with CakePHP and developing web applications using the rabid development PHP framework.
First, we evaluate the agency's ability to code in PHP which is absolutely essential with CakePHP work in order to ensure that all features are going to run properly during testing and deployment phases. We also assess the vendor’s understanding of the differences between straight PHP and CakePHP coding.
The speed at which the vendor is able to develop at is another important aspect of CakePHP development. Is the vendor quickly able to produce the coding for a project yet able to maintain the quality?
Code Integration, a third aspect of our evaluation, focuses on a vendor’s ability to work with clients that want to build upon or upgrade an existing website or build websites that work with an existing website. Can the vendor understand the existing code and effectively integrate the new code to meet the new needs of the client?
The next aspect assessed is browser compatibility. Are the developed applications able to run the same under different browsers and operating systems to ensure the best use for most users?
Lastly, the agency's ability to stay up-to-date with the latest revisions and features of CakePHP is evaluated based on the versions they are able to work with. Is the vendor knowledgeable about new features or updated features which can mean faster processing times and less time in development?
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
- What form of planning and strategy was undertaken by the agency before they started on your project?
- How much guidance did the web development company provide during the planning stages?
- How long did it take for your website to reach final completion?
- Did the web development company provide an analysis of features and make suggestions for improvements?
- Did the web development company assist with implementation or hosting for the project?
Recommended vendors for: