Evaluation Criteria for Web Hosting
Bestwebdesignagencies.com, the independent authority on web design and development agencies, recognizes the best hosting companies in the industry. Companies that are listed on bestwebdesignagencies.com have gone through a meticulous evaluation process to determine rock solid hosting providers based on criteria created specifically for trusted hosting companies. This often times includes a review of the company portfolio and contacting clients to obtain relevant information. At the end of the process, the top companies are ranked.
bestwebdesignagencies.com identifies the best hosting vendors based on the following five key areas: Variance, Uptime, Features, Stability, and Service.
We first assess the variance of plans that a hosting company offers. Does the vendor offer generic packages or plans that meet the needs of businesses of various sizes and their specific needs?
Uptime is another component that is reviewed in which we evaluate the rates at which the hosting server is online. What kind of technology is in place to monitor and handle uptime and outages?
Next we look at the features that are offered by the hosting service with their plans. How effective and efficient are the hosting tools provided to the user? How much control does the user have over the administrative side of hosting?
Stability of the vendor is another important factor that is reviewed. Is the company secure and going to be around for a long time or will the clients need to go through the painful experience of moving their site to a new hosting company?
Lastly, we evaluate the service provided by the vendor. Is customer support available 24/7? When you work with customer support, how technically capable are the associates to assist with the various needs and questions? How responsive is the support team to complete the work that is requested?
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
- How many hosting providers did you look into before making a decision?
- Why did you select this company as your hosting provider?
- What types of platforms do your websites use? For example, PHP, ASP.Net...
- How fast is the hosting provider at answer any questions which you may have?
- Have you experienced any downtime with the hosting provider? If so, for how long?
Recommended vendors for: