Evaluation Criteria for Mobile Website Development
Mobile Website Development companies offer their customers a service which takes their existing website and develops a website for mobile platforms with the same or similar functionality. Mobile websites are created to allow visitors to achieve the same goals through their mobile web browser as they would at a computer with an optimized website which allows for easy access through a mobile web browser. Since a mobile web browser is smaller and simpler, mobile website development focuses on simplicity in design and ensuring that different types of navigation are possible through the web browser as not every phone is made the same way.
We evaluate mobile website development services based on what the vendor considers to be a finished product as well as the steps followed in development. We review the important aspects of the mobile web development process to ensure that the development is done right.
The process of conversion used is evaluated based on how well the conversion process works from taking a currently existing website and recreating it for use on a mobile web browser. The process may include multiple ways of dealing with conversion, whether it be a complete redevelopment of the website or repurposing the website for view in a mobile web browser.
Website optimization for mobile platforms is an important part of the evaluation process to ensure the final product will load fast in a mobile web browser. Since mobile devices are commonly running on mobile internet services, it is important to have fast loading websites with low load requirements.
The user interface is another area which is evaluated by the independent team of researchers. Having a powerful user interface which users are able to navigate is important for mobile web browsers. Not all web browsers are the same, therefore having multiple methods of navigation on the same menu is important to the process.
Functionality is measured based on how well the website functions on the mobile platform in comparison to the full website viewed in normal web browsers. Having a website which works in mobile web browsers rather than hindering use is important for many online businesses.
The final aspect of evaluation involves understanding the customer support procedures set in place by each mobile web development firm in order to understand their ability to provide bug testing and assisting with fixing the mobile web browser as changes are made to the system.
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
- What form of planning and strategy was undertaken by the agency before they started on your project?
- How much guidance did the web development company provide during the planning stages?
- How easy is it to update your mobile website in comparison to your original website?
- How long did it take during the planning stages?
- How long did it take from planning to completion?
Recommended vendors for: