Evaluation Criteria for Ruby on Rails Development
Ruby on Rails is a web application framework with the goal of allowing developers to create web applications quickly and efficiently for use on the internet. Developers use Ruby as a means of creating efficient web applications on a framework that holds specific standards and therefore can be looked into and edited by anyone with Ruby knowledge. Ruby on Rails has a large focus on programming with the user in mind instead of the computer.
Our evaluation criteria focuses on the important characteristics of Ruby on Rails development and the different aspects of development that influence the quality of the final product. Development companies need to provide a balance of service and application quality to ensure that customers are content with the finished product.
Project analysis, the first aspect of our evaluation, focuses on the initial analysis of the project by the agency to better understand the type of development work that needs to be done. We analyze their recognition of project needs and their ability to develop a strategy that meets those needs.
Next we analyze the development standards of each vendor. We assess their expectation of quality of the web application development and whether their final product lives up to the standards set to ensure that the code will run smoothly without errors or bugs.
Another part of the evaluation focuses on the functionality. How usable is the website? Is the application easy to use and understand for the client?
Implementation assistance, the fourth criterion, reviews how the vendor is able to provide assistance either through direct support or advice on how to implement the code.
Lastly, our evaluation of customer support focuses on contacting both past and present customers of the company to better understand their ability to provide adequate support and to resolve issues on a timely basis.
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
- What form of planning and strategy was undertaken by the agency before they started on your project?
- How much guidance did the web development company provide during the planning stages?
- How long did it take for your website to reach final completion?
- Did the web development company provide an analysis of features and make suggestions for improvements?
- Did the web development company assist with implementation or hosting for the project?
Recommended vendors for: