Evaluation Criteria for Web Design
Web Design brings together the elements of development with the aesthetics that users expect when they visit a website on the internet. Web Design agencies create professional designs for different focuses and organizations. Ultimately the goal of web design is to be able to provide a professionally designed website that visitors will enjoy viewing without losing productivity or functionality with the website. Agencies focus on providing quality work based on what the customer wants.
We have developed a special evaluation criteria that focuses in on the important elements of web design and the different expectations that a client has when dealing with a design firm.
Project analysis, the first aspect of our evaluation, is used by web design agencies in an effort to understand what the customer needs and the different design elements that need to be used to best complete the project. We evaluate the work done by the design agency to assess their ability to determine the unique needs of their client.
The next criterion that we use in our evaluation is design analysis. In our review, we identify the ability of the vendor to produce a professional design. We assess the designs created for customers based on perceived standards and expectations set both by our standards and the standards expected from customers.
We also review the design detail. Is a lot of attention paid to the design for the customer or does it appear to be too generic and quickly assembled? We compare the design detail against industry standards.
The stock quality is also considered when evaluating web design agencies. We evaluate the quality of the stock photography used in the design to create a more professional look.
Finally, we assess the ease of access to the designers to make changes to the designs based on any problems the customer may have with the design.
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
- What form of planning and strategy was undertaken by the agency before they started on your project?
- Do your pages pass W3C standards?
- Were your pages designed in CSS?
- What types of images were used during the design of your website?
- How long did it take the agency to craft out your design? For how many pages?
Recommended vendors for: